In case you have not heard, we have an election coming up in just a…
Recently this information came across my desk. This is a good one!
- Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day – preferably in the morning and feel your feelings.
- Tape your late night TV shows and get more sleep.
- When you wake up in the morning, complete the following statement, “My purpose today is to _________.”
- Live with the 3 E’s – Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
- Play more games and read more books than you did last year.
- Make time to practice meditation and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
- Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Eat more foods that grow on plants and eat less food manufactured in plants.
- Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds and walnuts.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new positive energy and resources come into your life.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip or issues of the past, negative thought, or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
- Smile and laugh more. It will keep the NEGATIVE BLUES away.
- Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- REMEMBER GOD heals everything.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- You job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- The best is yet to come.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- Do the right thing!
- Call your family often.
- Each night before you go to bed, complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _____________.
- Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
- Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass! You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
- Send this to everyone you care about. I just did.
And, here are a couple of bonus tips:
- The only reason to be alive is to enjoy it. Happiness is a journey, not a destination!
- If you need help, ask God. If you don’t, thank God!
Isn’t that a great list? As I read through it, I couldn’t help but think that I would love to write an expanded Tip on each one of those forty points. Who knows? Maybe I will!
For now, begin to apply as many as possible on a daily basis. I have already been doing this and have found it to be a great help. I am sure that it will be beneficial to you as well.
Tip: 40 Tips for a better life.
Have a great week! God bless you!
Dr. Robert A. Rohm