I came across an article that was written by H. Jackson Brown, Jr. Although I do not personally know who this gentleman is, I certainly believe he must be a very wise individual. Personally, I always want to learn and grow. I love reading good material that helps me be a better person. I am always on the lookout for new information. You may or may not agree with all of these ideas, but I believe there is a lot of profound wisdom found in this list.
- Marry the right person. This decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
- Work at something you enjoy and that is worth your time and talent.
- Give people more than they expect, and do it cheerfully.
- Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
- Be forgiving of yourself and others.
- Be generous.
- Have a grateful heart.
- Persistence, persistence, persistence.
- Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.
- Commit yourself to quality.
- Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power, or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
- Be loyal.
- Be honest.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be decisive, even if it means you will sometimes be wrong.
- Stop blaming others! Take responsibility for every area of your life.
- Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you will regret the things you did not do more than the ones you did.
- Take good care of those you love.
- Don’t do anything that would not make your mom proud of you!
Isn’t that a great list? I want to really encourage you to make a copy of this and post it somewhere you will have easy access. You might even want to take the time to jot down several of these thoughts on a 3 x 5 card and keep them with you so that you can study them when you have any down time. I find that having a list of positive quotes with me which I can review when I am flying in a plane or am stuck somewhere for long periods of time is a good way of keeping my mind alert and fresh. It is like taking a mental bath!
I trust you will join me with that same attitude for your own personal life and future!
Tip: 21 Suggestions to make each day brighter!
Have a great week! God bless you!
Dr. Robert A. Rohm
Latest posts by Robert Rohm (see all)
- Tip: Beware of the tyranny of the urgent…URGENT!!!! - July 3, 2020
- Tip: That house is on fire! - June 24, 2020
- Tip: Don’t make people wish you would just go home! - June 20, 2020