GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a new EU requirement to be in force as of May 25, 2018 that is intended to protect individuals and their data.
The requirements basically apply to any organization who stores data on individuals who are in the EU.
The requirement applies to personal data that can be used to identify a person.
Personality Insights, Inc. stores your information for these basic purposes:
- For online purchases you make in our store (name, address, email, phone number, items purchased etc)
- For email communication: We send out info by email as appropriate and give you full ability to opt-out of email communication
- As part of our personality profile service if you use that (online DISC assessments)
We work with a few main companies who are all working to be GDPR compliant:
- Automattic (provides our website software)
- Authorize.net and Paypal (for online payment processing)
- Infusionsoft (our email system)
GDPR is complicated, but here are some requirement highlights to call to your attention that we take seriously:
- Let you know what we do with your data (fill orders and provide email communication)
- Let you know that we keep the data for our records and for no other purposes
- Keep all of the data secure (which we do via secure servers, encryption and firewalls)
- Use your data only to provide services for you with your permission (you can always opt out)
- Let you know what data we have if you request it. Again, it will be basic info you provide with an order for example.
- Let you correct any data we have or delete it if desired. We are happy to update your info upon request (contact us here)
- Inform you of any data breech
- Abide by a code of conduct in compliance with GDPR
- Comply with applicable authorities
- Have someone in the organization responsible for data protection (Data Protection Officer)
We have taken GDPR seriously and we always endeavor to protect your data.
We intend maintain GDPR compliance as a provider of DISC profiles and growth resources. We serve many customers in the EU, and are grateful for your patronage.
Please contact us if you have any concerns or requests.
Personality Insights, Inc.